M17x R4 not switch to discrete GPU

akim_k

Hi!

My AMD HD7970 GPU is dead, remained build-in graphics card Intel HD4000. I plugged discrete GTX 260M to Alienware M17x R4. Drivers from Dell site and from Nvidia site not work. I modified drivers from laptop2go, driver installing successfully, but in Nvidia Control Panel only menu "Power". I can not switch on to GTX 260M. GPU-Z and other tests show information that the graphics card all works well.
If i press fn+F7 for reboot with GTX 260M, BIOS beep 8 times. If disable in BIOS Intel HD4000 and set in video seting to PEG - BIOS 8 beeps. Reset BIOS does not help.
BIOS unlocked A11
vBIOS of GTX 260M: 62.92.96.00.0A (Dell (1028)
ID GTX 260M: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0618&SUBSYS_05511028&REV_A2

How i may switch from HD4000 to discrete GTX 260M? Please help me. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2016 at 10:18 AM, akim_k said:

Yes, of course I did it. without results

am sorry dude I had a similar problem I updated the hd4000 driver and got solved

but as I understand from the specs theres almost no advantage in switching to the gtx 260m 
i mean the hd 4000 might be slightly more powerful 

i noticed that you have the unlocked a11 bios 
i cant find a working link anywhere would you mind sharing the setup file with me?
thank you

12 hours ago, atsamman said:

am sorry dude I had a similar problem I updated the hd4000 driver and got solved

but as I understand from the specs theres almost no advantage in switching to the gtx 260m 

i cant find a working link anywhere would you mind sharing the setup file with me?
thank you

I send link in private message

• Founder
17 hours ago, atsamman said:

thank you

Did you check the stickies?