taking control of tasks and getting them in order

I was recently promoted and now handling my own team, through the transition I noticed that I need to iron things out when it comes to their work system. We're having a bit of an issue tracking the most recent files and documents that have already been worked, because each employee has a certain way of doing things. as a result, we spend time backtracking instead of doing something productive.  I am now working on improving my organizational skills, but I am also looking into using a document management software to help us with taking control of tasks and getting them in order.

We may not be able to afford a consultation as of now and we can't rely on simply googling this type of software so we're wondering if any of you has any first hand experience on this type of tool?

Edited by DJones

Hello, DJones!  Documents can be access by many in any organizations so it is necessary that in a document control we need to identify, store, maintain and manage data efficiently.  Actually, I have no any  related experience about using a tool or any type of software. I'm just sharing some thoughts based on the verdicts of some companies who chose to consider automated processes because this is one of the good factors that makes document management attractive to them. Plus, it can also manage records in a consistent manner.  Nevertheless, I see that compliance is needed in a growing company these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/16/2016 at 3:48 PM, Cailley06 said:

Hello, DJones!  Documents can be access by many in any organizations so it is necessary that in a document control we need to identify, store, maintain and manage data efficiently.  Actually, I have no any  related experience about using a tool or any type of software. I'm just sharing some thoughts based on the verdicts of some companies who chose to consider automated processes because this is one of the good factors that makes document management attractive to them. Plus, it can also manage records in a consistent manner.  Nevertheless, I see that compliance is needed in a growing company these days.

I agree. :)

Anyway, my friend was able to refer us to this company which is what they use in their company. We've already contacted them and set an appointment. From what we saw in their webpage, they're just what we're looking for.

http://www.etq.com/document-control-software/