A 2-pipe CPU HS for M18x in Europe. I am looking for one.

0x29A

M18x 2-pipe HS #HD9NJ

The long story short, AW refused to sell me a 2-pipe CPU HS since the part is not considered user replaceable. They don't mind me taking my laptop apart as long as I send the thing back for service/replacement (and so on) in exactly same condition/configuration it came. It's kinda don't ask, don't tell policy. The problem with the heatsink is that if they sell it to me it would imply that they silently approve I take the laptop apart etc. etc. so in the end this is not possible.

Simple question: Does anybody in the EU owns two such heatsinks and is willing to sell one, or perhaps, is ordering a new one? - In such a case, get you get an extra one for me too or sell me one? AW Europe said the thing costs 36 EUR (including delivery, less than 25 EUR for the part only). I can send the money at any moment through PayPal. Thanks for help.

Edit: if any of you Americans is about to visit Europe, why don't you bring a new HS along? The thing is $20 in the US and can be ordered without any problem. :D

Edited by 0x29A

I can try getting one for you and you pay for it + shipping. Will contact someone I know at Dell and find out.

I tried to find out how much would be shipping from the US and some American told me it would be some 60 bucks. Now, 60 bucks for 20 bucks worth HS isn't really worth it. It could just as well be a myth re so expensive delivery, fingers crossed. Thanks for help. Would be truly awesome if I could actually get it at reasonable cost.

Edited by 0x29A

To be honest so far I had no issue with Dell. Just don't expect wonders and be reasonable about what you want. If only the rep could sell my the HS, I'd be running it already. 36EUR courier shipment inclusive is not a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the 2-piped HS is on its way. A friend ordered it for me in the States for $18 + another $35 porto to Europe = $53 total -> ~40 EUR, so only 4 EUR more than if ordered from Dell Europe. Case closed \o/

• Founder

I'm gonna try to score one for free from the AW tech manager thats on my case after I receive my replacement. Hope he tosses it in otherwise I'll just buy it. I wonder if we can order more than one? I'll buy 5-6 of them and ebay them.

• 1 month later...

The heatsink finally came. In total I spent 31 EUR -> the cost of the HS in the US plus shipping to Europe. If I got it from Dell EU as it was originally intended, I'd pay 36 inc. shipping, so in the end I saved myself more Dell's bullshit and those extra 5 EUR.