Clevo (Metabox) Display Issues

nick1408

Cross posted to:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2556278&p=-1&#bottom

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-metabox-display-issues.794805/

Hi Guys,

I have a Clevo P370EM. When I start it I can see the backlight come on the screen but nothing displays. The screen close magnet is fine as the backlight turns off when I close the lid. Laptop starts fine. Laptop won't output to an external monitor. I pulled apart the laptop today, swapped the graphics cards around, cleaned everything up, swapped RAM around, pretty much everything I could think of and still no luck. The only thing I didn't disconnect was the monitor itself. I couldn't work out how to access the connection on the motherboard.

I haven't checked CMOS battery. I have run both GPU's as master and no luck.. I've got no doubt it's hardware, just trying to work out which bit. I have a feeling it will be a GPU as I was running a game the other day and only one GPU was shown to be heating up.  The funny thing is; when the computer is at the Windows logon screen (Pretty sure it is there – can't see for sure) the screen still dims with inaction and the backlight comes on when the mouse moves. I really can't pick what it is.  I reckon both GPU's have packed it in

• 2 months later...

Hey,

hard to say, but it sounds to me that the connection wire to the monitor has a failure, I would check this first.

Second, which is quite unlikely, that both cards are damaged, maybe you had some overvoltage.

You could try to test your notebook with another card, maybe from a friend or so.

If this still doesnt help, then its likely that your mainboard is damaged.