AMD Catalysts 8.93 - November 18th Release

Brian

• Founder

Ok guys, these are newer than 11.11a and they will NOT cause your Alienware based system to go into an endless BSOD loop like 11.11a do. During the install process, you MIGHT encounter a bsod while the display driver is installing but upon reboot it should install successfully. After that, re-run the installer again and finish it by installing the CCC + HDMI drivers. This release includes profiles AND the ability to create your own gaming profiles! In addition, brightness controls are finally working!! Tested these in Saints Row: The Third and the performance is top notch so give them a shot and let us know what you think.

post-5-14494992072027_thumb.jpg

post-5-1449499206957_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992069855_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992070136_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brian
  • Thumbs Up 5

• Founder
Are they going backwards in version numbering now? :D

(BTW Thanks!)

Ha it's the driver packaging version number. The official Catalyst designation is a different number.

anybody else tried it and can confirm they are working

(read : too lazy to test myself, looking for a confirmation from another guinea pig ;))

i'll load em tonight and let ya know...

i didn't install SDK i thought its for developers and waste of time and uneeded for us, as SVL7 gave in advice... is that not exactly true? Should i install the SDK i'm confused.

btw here is pic of early release of 8.92 (11.12 but older than the 8.93) failed like 11.11 on install reboot... bsod at start...

btw to fix bsod loop >boot safe mode> go to device manage/display driver... uninstall second card if crossfire, then hit uninstall on first card but this time select check box for "delete driver files" > go into C: and delete ATI/AMD folders from > x86Programfiles/common files> x86Program files>program files> C:AMD/> then use CCleaner and use the registry cleaner twice... yes twice... the driversweeper and say yes to restart and delete remaining entries. Now windows boots go and do one more registry clean with ccleaner and driversweeper... till nothing amd/ati shows up anymore.

post-34-14494992072831_thumb.png 11.10

post-34-14494992073616_thumb.png 11.12 (8.92) (bsod on boot)

post-34-14494992073932_thumb.png 11.12 new version as in OP (8.93) NO BSOD AT BOOT

files version of various stuff is much newer than last revision 11.12 8.92 like HDMI driver, CCC, and much more

post-34-14494992074251_thumb.png installed and working

any thoughts now on best way to set crossfire?

guys i have 11.2 cap downloaded should i install that or is the included app profiles newer than 11.2 cap?

Edited by mw86

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me hear as I'm having IMMENSE

problems with these stupid driver updates. (stuck on old drivers from last year,

8.763 or something) - Was trying to install AMD Catalysts 8.93

Methods

Tried: -Straight Install over previous drivers (failed) -Uninstall drivers

(express uninstall) and try to install after (failed) -Go into safe mode, use

driver sweeper to clear any AMD drivers after uninstall (failed) -Throw

computer through AMD's HQ windows (Planning has started).

Below is the

latest report from when I tried to install drivers -

Quote:

Catalyst™ Install Manager Installation Report 11/28/11

18:30:50

Hardware information

Name AMD Radeon Graphics Processor

Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Device ID 0x68a0

Vendor ID

0x1002

Class Code 0x030000

Revision ID 0x00

Subsystem ID 0x043a

Subsystem vendor ID 0x1028

Other hardware

Existing

packagesMicrosoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable

Packages for

install AMD APP SDK RuntimeFinal Status: Success

Version of Item:

Size: 90 Mbytes

AMD Display DriverFinal Status: Fail

Version of Item: 8.930.0.0000

Size: 90 Mbytes

HDMI Audio DriverFinal

Version of Item: 7.12.0.7705

Size: 1 Mbytes

Catalyst

Control CenterFinal Status: Success

Version of Item: 2011.1118.1246.22742

Size: 150 Mbytes

Other detected devices

AMD Radeon Graphics

Processor

Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Device ID 0x68a0

Vendor ID 0x1002

Class Code 0x030000

Revision ID 0x00

Subsystem

ID 0x043a

Manufacturer Advanced Micro

Devices, Inc.

Device ID 0xaa58

Vendor ID 0x1002

Class Code 0x040300

Revision ID 0x00

Subsystem ID 0x043a

Error messages

Driver Install: Windows® version does not support

this operation

Driver Install: Windows® version does not support this

operation

Driver Install: Windows® version does not support this operation

Any ideas?

Same here. The exact process I used was:

1. Run the setup.exe from this pack. Use it to uninstall old drivers.

2. Restart.

3. Restart into safe mode.

4. Run Driver Sweeper and CCleaner.

5. Restart back into normal Windows and run setup.

Did not produce any BSODs or errors and installed well.

• Thumbs Up 1

1st - Uninstall program through control panel (express uninstall everything).

2 - Restart comp and go into safe mode

3 - Use driver sweeper to clear away any remaining AMD/ATI files.

4 - Use Crap Cleaner to remove registry errors

5 - (optional step I used 2nd/3rd time around when it didnt worK) Use Windows Install Clean up to remove any AMD/CCC files

5 - Restart

6 - Try to install new drivers through autorun from latest update.

Other option provided to me was (by Brian):

You have to force the driver

-go back into device manager (done)

-select the default display (done)

-update driver (done)

-then manual update (done)

-then point to the directory the driver is located (done)

and find the inf file (done, but here's where I get stuck! Basically I navigated to the W76A_INF file within the new drivers folder to find the drivers, and when I opened that folder within the manual update, it bloody told me the drivers were already up to date! FML)

-it will ask if u wanna install unsigned driver

-choose yes and ur done

-then reboot

-rerun installer and install CCC + other

Hm, you can also try going into Device manager, then manually removing both graphic card (don't forget to check the checkbox that says uninstall drivers). After the drivers are uninstalled it should say something like Standard VGA adapter for both cards. If it still says ATI Radeon etc you didn't uninstall them properly.

Hm, you can also try going into Device manager, then manually removing both graphic card (don't forget to check the checkbox that says uninstall drivers). After the drivers are uninstalled it should say something like Standard VGA adapter for both cards. If it still says ATI Radeon etc you didn't uninstall them properly.

My bad, I should have stated that I have already done that move. And am now trying to force them to install manually, but nothing works. (it says standard vga for both cards yes, although both icons have a yellow triange with the black exclamation mark next to the icon)

I can only think of two additional things on uninstall do all the steps before restarting all of them then a second time do the driversweeper until nothing shows for amd. Yes all in safe mode. I install in windows normal mode once all that's left is vga adapter in device manager.

No one mentioned this but if had used ulps off at all in my experience you need to have it enabled and disable after the drivers are in and working causes havoc on driver installs on crossfire. Don't install SDK I don't see need for it I was told uneeded. Its for programmers. Installing in safe mode might not detect things correctly... Remember all but minimum services run in safe mode and I think important ones aren't running so install from windows... But make sure remove driver files was used when uninstalling cards in device manager or the old driver installs again upon windows start up.

I can only think of two additional things on uninstall do all the steps before restarting all of them then a second time do the driversweeper until nothing shows for amd. Yes all in safe mode. I install in windows normal mode once all that's left is vga adapter in device manager.

No one mentioned this but if had used ulps off at all in my experience you need to have it enabled and disable after the drivers are in and working causes havoc on driver installs on crossfire. Don't install SDK I don't see need for it I was told uneeded. Its for programmers. Installing in safe mode might not detect things correctly... Remember all but minimum services run in safe mode and I think important ones aren't running so install from windows... But make sure remove driver files was used when uninstalling cards in device manager or the old driver installs again upon windows start up.

Pretty much what I did. However, when trying to manually update drivers, just tell's me that they are up to date. Damn drivers. I always install on normal, sweep on safe. I used Crap Cleaner, Driver Sweeper, AND Windows Install Clean Up on safe mode. Restart, then check to see if there is any more AMD stuff (there is not).

My drivers look like this now - Drivers on Twitpic And this is what I get when I try to manually install the display drivers from the new files - VGA Fail on Twitpic

Trying to do the whole process on TOP of the clean sweep (as in install the package automatically) results in a fail.

[MENTION=7]Jubbin Grewal[/MENTION] okay the advice above of manually trying to update through device manager has never in my life worked at all.. they are supposed to change drivers after restart once you installed the new drivers with CC etc. Also for me vga etc like that in device manager looks the same for me on that step. Hey I just thought of something someone else had similar issues and it helped updating the intel drivers for the internal gpu of the cpu thats only on sandybridge though. Are you on a M17x R2 or R3 or M18x or what system?

btw what OS do you have if its not 64bit that driver isn't the right one... XP wont work with that vista/windows 7 64bit only... so which OS do you have I ask because i noticed this in your post above....

"Error messages

Driver Install: Windows® version does not support

this operation

Driver Install: Windows® version does not support this

operation

Driver Install: Windows® version does not support this operation"

seems OS could be at fault you can try running a chkdsk on C: and SFC /scannow to check OS file integrity.

we need to find whats not the same as all of our setups since normally these methods install correctly on those drivers.

but yeah the device manager looks normal as in your pic... normally i would just run the 8.93 installer from there as admin in normal windows restart and the gpus should show normal in device manager after restart.... but something is not correct on your system if thats not working which it clearly isnt as you have mentioned. Don't give up... there must be something holding this up... just let us know those specs...

installing manual in device manager never really worked for me on these modern gpus back in the day on older hardware with less complicated drivers yes it worked then that way.<!--EndFra-->

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian that is so awesome. You are very kind. Thank you for doing that. That is what Tech Inferno is. you guys created something that would become so much more and this is just about a year later. Brian that's what Tech Inferno is all about, being a big helpful community. Thank you so much for being you and sharing it with the community.

Edited by mw86

• 1 month later...