Slow eGPU set up

zzmane

Hello everyone, thanks to this site i have got a old laptop working with a eGPU.

my set up

1. 8.0 GDC beast vidock,
  2. EVGA GTX 750ti,
  3. 430W psu
  4. HP 8440p.

Now while playing a games my FPS is very stable and really decent. My problem arises while doing other activities such as browsing the web or youtube. It seems my computer slows down A lot while connected to the eGPU system. I attached some tests I thought would be helpful. If you require anything else please ask. Thanks and love this forum for letting me game on my old as hell laptop!

stress 1920.jpg

bus interface.jpg

Would overclocking help in anyway? Thanks in advance for anyone reading this.

Hi there ! After going thru 3 750ti  i can tell that this card takes even 80w and 90w on setups probably more!!!  

Now u can get 75w max on akittio! 

I recomend to change the bios to 38w max .

down clocking will actually help and not over clocking wich requires more power!

what is the bios version u r on??

ok now i see ur bios set to 38w .. I had same card working nicely .. Computer gets hot cuz  intel chip is working on thunderbolt..  Any ways looks like ur card power manegement laging some where.. I had simillar problems with slow downs on mac bfr i edited AGPM.

Edited by Stan VE

• 1 month later...

I Have a windows PC so not a mac. Do you have any tips on what i should do to fix my power issue?

On 8/8/2016 at 7:04 PM, Stan VE said:

Hi there ! After going thru 3 750ti  i can tell that this card takes even 80w and 90w on setups probably more!!!  

Now u can get 75w max on akittio! 

I recomend to change the bios to 38w max .

down clocking will actually help and not over clocking wich requires more power!

what is the bios version u r on??

ok now i see ur bios set to 38w .. I had same card working nicely .. Computer gets hot cuz  intel chip is working on thunderbolt..  Any ways looks like ur card power manegement laging some where.. I had simillar problems with slow downs on mac bfr i edited AGPM.

Edited by zzmane

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.