bad vbios flash 7970m clevo p370em i need help

matteoumb

ok after the flash of vbios, the screen is black and I can not see anything become probably my 7970M is bricked, I used this vbios: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/177709/177709 obviously the wrong one
for the flash I have used this guide:http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/guide-blind-flashing-amd-7970m-modded-vbios-for-clevo-p1xxhm-laptops.688656/

I guess my only option is a blind-flash using the correct vbios for my 7970M but do not know where to find it

and in any case the procedure would be the same? I could use autoexec.bat the linked guide?

sorry for my english I hope is understandable, please helpme

I'm still trying to do the blind-flash, but it seems that the various vbios I tried are wrong. I tried these vbios:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/128794/clevo-hd7970m-2048-120605

in this thread i tryed the vbios provided from svl7 and vbios provided by prema,

none of these worked

the stock vbios for my gpu is BR42768.008 the same that i tryed for do the first flash vbios attempt but maybe that vbios had enduro

I do not know what to do, if someone knows and can help me I would be grateful

Edited by matteoumb

Good evening,

I am not an expert, but will try to help.

What is your Clevo model? Can you check what version of the 7970m you have so you get the right vbios?

Can you test your bootable usb with another system? It might not be working. I use rufus for making a bootable usb.

Also the laptop might not be booting from the usb at all.

Tecnically the autoexec.bat from that guide should work fine.

ok i have a clevo p370em tryed to flash the vbios br43595.003 stock ,taken from technopowerup unfortunately this vbios is corrupted and bricked my two gpus

after the reboot my clevo wont boot i have a black screen and also my pc doesnt post (because of two corrupted vbios) so i tryed to reset cmos,switching the gpus but nothing worked,the only solution i found is this: in one 7970m i lifted pin 1 and 4 from pcb (in this way i can bypass the check and allow the system to boot) insert te other gpu to slave slot and trying to flash it but apparently it does not work because to run the flash graphics cards need to be active

so recap;i cant pass the boot if i put the vga without pcb lifted pins in the master slot

i cant flash the slave gpu from dos if I put the card with disconnected pcb in the master slot my system booting im able to enter in the bootable usb but it seems that atiflash doesnt detect any device.

im using this autoexec,bat with a beep .bat that allow me to hear a sound when my pc boot from dos

Spoiler

@echo off
set PATH=.;\;\LOCALE
beep.bat
md BOOTOK
m -ai > atiadapt.txt
m -s 0 adapt0.rom
m -s 1 adapt1.rom
m -s 2 adapt2.rom
m -pa 7970M.rom -f -fa -fm -fs -fp
beep.bat

If hypothetically, I take off these two vga, I buy a 970m (clevo) my system should return to work normally even no need to do a blind-flash on the new nvidia card right?
and there is a way to flash at least 1 amd gpu inserting in slave slot and flash it from windows or dos?

I believe if you have a working card on the master slot you can then flash the slave, possibly recovering both your cards. If you can get hold of a loan card or even a cheaper one you can try that,

If you buy a new card the system should work with it since the problem is with the AMD vBIOS that you currently have.

Another question that may seem obvious but you never know :P did you disconnect all the hard drives on the system to force it to boot from usb?

This forum post also has a working vBIOS you can try: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/5015-ati-7970m-clevo-p370em-vbios-file/

yes i already removed all other devices my system boot from dos i can hear the beep from beep.bat obviously my system booting only i if use as primary the card with pcb disconnected my question now is if i upgrade my clevo p370em to nvidia 970m my screen should back to work?now i have a black screen 

There are 7970m vBIOS with and without an iGPU presence check. This check will halt the boot sequence if there is no iGPU detected. On the P370EM the iGPU is unpowered, so the vBIOS halts the boot process. The vBIOS without this check run Enduro 100% fine so it is completely pointless and just bricks systems.

I have attached a 7970m vBIOS that does not have the iGPU check. The slave card should flash if present in the system on boot.

It looks like you renamed atiflash to m in your autoexec.bat? Won't flash if you have the exec name wrong.

I would try removing uneccessary lines from the autoexec. Maybe its stopping when you tell it to save a vBIOS on a nonexistent adapter, or some other stupid thing.

Also I don't trust using -pa. It may think there are no compatible adapters due to a subsystem ID check, so use -p 0 or -p 1 instead.

Ex just change the autoexec to:

m -f -p 0 biosname.rom
beep.bat

You may need to do "m -f -p 1 biosname.rom" instead as we are flashing the slave slot. I am not sure.

Also remember that DOS names cannot be longer than 8 characters, so shorten any vBIOS name you are trying to flash.

7970m vBIOS also has peculiarities regarding UEFI enabled vs not as well. I am not sure if the one I am linking you have UEFI support or not.

Clevo 7970M - P270WM - 015.019.000.000.042817.BR042817.008 - Stock.ROM

Edited by Khenglish

yes atiflash is renamed m i use the exec in this way 

Spoiler

@echo off
set PATH=.;\;\LOCALE
beep.bat
m -f -p 1 7970M.ROM
beep.bat

i heard first only beep sound so dos was started but flash dont work

I do not know what I'm doing wrong

Edited by matteoumb