Sign in to follow this  
Psyrecx

Flashing an RX 480

I have a XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB XXX. I originally thought about getting the Black Edition, but as it wasn't in stock at the time, and I was tired of waiting, I went with my current card. That being said, I was wondering if there is any problems associated with flashing my card to the BE, as the are pretty much the exact same aside from clock numbers and a HDMI to DVI connector. If anyone could let me know, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Psyrecx

Just change your clock speed to the BE one's . It will be much easier and will avoid the risk of bios corruption.

That's what I have been doing. It does seem to cause some instabilities, so I was hoping flashing might fix it. It doesn't seem to be a voltage or heat issue, so I think it might be an issue with the drivers and Wattman working properly. The settings app crashes a lot for some reason.