Asus Mars II Quad Sli Build

Conker

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome thats one awesome setup and the additional lights will make it just that much better :) so much red youd think you were using AMD :P lol actually looks awesome though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey conk, I hope you don't mind me saying but I think the wiring in your case may be a bit messy. For purely aesthetic reasons maybe look into improving cable management maybe slinging the wires through the gromits behind the board? Would also help with airflow in your case :)

Hey conk, I hope you don't mind me saying but I think the wiring in your case may be a bit messy. For purely aesthetic reasons maybe look into improving cable management maybe slinging the wires through the gromits behind the board? Would also help with airflow in your case :)

I know, I know... :55_003:

I will try to make some improvements, when I build my rig again. :joyous:

Still have a watercooler for my two MarsII in my mind, so cooling problems would be a thing of the past...

Water cooler for the Mars II?! I'm guessing 4x universal ones then ram sinks and other passive stuff? Anyways your system looks great as it is. I'd love to build myself a desktop but I simply am not in a single place for long enough :(

• Thumbs Up 1

I would change the red lights to blue. Red lights do make your system faster but they run alot hotter. Blue keeps them stock but keeps it alot cooler

:02: Blue lights look completely crap with the black/red finished Asus ROG components, the RamCoolers were blue before... :53_002:

Hey Conkers, Thought you might find this interesting, Dutch guy is making a custom full cover waterblock for the MARS II. :)

All Pictures | L3p

Build Log (whole system) - Project : L3p L4n

No idea if they're for sale, but it's probably worth checking. :D :D :D

Yeah already wrote a post to his thread at the Asus ROG Forum, watch the linkbacks at the end of the page.(the first link ;D) :rapture:

• Founder
The RMA job is done, my motherboard returned :77:...but I'm 120km away :30_002:...going to rebuild my system next week :80:

Congrats Conkers.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

thats awesome you got your motherboard. Definitely sucks you cant set it up yet but good to know you have a new one. Looking forward to seeing more awesome pics and results you got a real nice build. I like the way it looks. And your rig is a beast dualnpower supplies etc.

AsusMarsIIFTWCase reconstructed: :80:

My system is complete again :) I improved the airflow with to faster redlighted fans (1500rpm against 1000rpm before) on the frontpanel. I switched the two harddrivebays and I have also tied the cables together so the airflow has less resistance. :bee:

I did a testrun. Unfortunately the DRAM QLED lighted up, I'll look for the error tomorrow... :sleeping:

(Pictures moved to main post)

Edited by Conker
deleted pictures
  • Thumbs Up 1

So it seems to be ram issues or motherboard issue with the ram?

Purchased 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance today (read they're working good on R4E), replaced the rams with these and the system is working now. :joyous:

I'm not sure if it's a motherboard issue or if I fried all four sticks. :(

Anyway I replaced the motherboard, now I'm going to RMA the G.Skill ram sticks. I can work with the 2x4Gb, it's not quad-channel, but it works. :joyous:

Edited by Conker

Buyed 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance today (read they're working good on R4E), replaced the rams with these and the system is working now. :joyous:

I'm not sure if it's a motherboard issue or if I fried all four sticks. :(

Anyway I replaced the motherboard, now I'm going to RMA the G.Skill ram sticks. I can work with the 2x4Gb, it's not quad-channel but it works. :joyous:

glad its finally set back up and working :)

• 1 month later...

My 1866Mhz G.Skill RipjawsX are working again :congratulatory: Quad-Channel is back :congratulatory:

I gave a last try before sending them back, updated my R4E bios to the latest 1202 version. Installed all four ram sticks and started the machine and success. :P

Seems to be a bios issue up to the 1005 bios, that I had installed before.

Edited by Conker

Build Update:

Tried to solve heat issues using my old ramcooling fans. Temperature dropped by 15°C :highly_amused:, now I'm able to play with 820/1640/4200 core/shader/[email protected]. Then the cards hottest temps are between 80-90°C, it really depends how much voltage I set...I'll do further testing and improving in the next days, so that I'll finally be able to run some benchmarks and post results...

(Pictures moved to main post)

Edited by Conker
Pictures deleted

If you get two CPUs from the Xeon 5600 Series you have a chance when it comes to CPU benchmarks. Otherwise Conkers system will kick the ass of the SR-2, the question should rather be whether he can downclock it enough to make it slower than yours :D

but when it comes to vantage , my sr2 will kick his ass .

but I dont have money like conker , just have few $$$ in my pocket , and to buy an xeon I have to sell my Asus G73 ,

for now I dont have a processor and psu. but should buy one soon as possible , a guy offered me a e5603 processor for 120$ it should be good for me.

I need some info about single mars, does it use 2x gtx 580 cores? can you mesure the weight?

can I update my build progress in this or in a new thread.