eGPU freezes under a smallest load

Boykodev

Well i would def try to downclock it! Less power it takes from pcie is better !! U covered with 225w on 6+8 pin and max 25w just to be safe!  Max doesnt mean peak! Ur peaks could be up to 40-60 wat on pcie!  Or much more if ur card is set to to higher values!  I would use something like msi afterburner and flash it  with lower values! Its really quick and u wont be disappointed  in  case ur psu or gpu are not bad.. If ur fans are spining on gpu it means its cooled! Overheating could be a luck of power too...

or just use a powered raiser or the soldering mod!;) if u still want to experiment..

7 hours ago, Stan VE said:

Well i would def try to downclock it! Less power it takes from pcie is better !! U covered with 225w on 6+8 pin and max 25w just to be safe!  Max doesnt mean peak! Ur peaks could be up to 40-60 wat on pcie!  Or much more if ur card is set to to higher values!  I would use something like msi afterburner and flash it  with lower values! Its really quick and u wont be disappointed  in  case ur psu or gpu are not bad.. If ur fans are spining on gpu it means its cooled! Overheating could be a luck of power too...

or just use a powered raiser or the soldering mod!;) if u still want to experiment..

I've been tried to adjust my GPU clock by afterburner as well, but I'm not sure how much I should downclock. And I'm curious about what exactly is the soldering mod you said?

And btw could you please tell me how did you edit AGPM for handling the instability issues?

Edited by simon753