US$280 InXtron Thunderbolt 3 HDK

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this thing earlier today:

http://www.inxtron.com/products/thunderbolt3-hdk

I expect this to be a pretty simple to use eGPU solution for a Thunderbolt3 equipped laptop. Board power is provided via a 6-pin connector so getting a DA-2 (or XBox360 power brick) to work with this should be easy and using an ATX PSU is downright trivial. Put this into a small case, and voila, you have an eGPU.

Of course, that is the theory: Someone needs to give this a shot. I honestly would, but I don't have Thunderbolt3 on any of my devices.

Note that it comes with zero warranty.

EDIT: I posted this in a separate thread since I did not notice the original thread. It looks like I got merged here. Thanks, mods :)

Edited by Yukikaze

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems exactly the board the Akitio Thunder3 uses.  Will it be easy to screw this into other cases?

Do I take from the layout that it won't be possible to add support for another harddrive for example, like the Devil Box by Powercolor does? As I understand there is some room in the transfer via the Tunderboard cable left - though it might not be a good idea anyways to add more stuff.

20 hours ago, NowhereMan said:

Seems exactly the board the Akitio Thunder3 uses.  Will it be easy to screw this into other cases?

Do I take from the layout that it won't be possible to add support for another harddrive for example, like the Devil Box by Powercolor does? As I understand there is some room in the transfer via the Tunderboard cable left - though it might not be a good idea anyways to add more stuff.

It is .. just with a different firmware.

20 hours ago, NowhereMan said:

It is .. just with a different firmware.

• 2 months later...

Hey TechInferno community,

Here is a new challenge for you ! I do own a InXtron TB3 board and a Thunder3 Pcie board (I use it daily as my main DIY eGPU : with a GTX 1060).

Thing is : My GPU will always end up with a Windows Error 43 within device manager when using the InXtron TB3 board.

Tried a driver cleanup, rollback but I'm still have code 43.

Any idea ? @bloodhawk @eGPU Enthusiast

Edited by benjaminlsr

On 2/16/2017 at 8:10 AM, benjaminlsr said:

Hey TechInferno community,

Here is a new challenge for you ! I do own a InXtron TB3 board and a Thunder3 Pcie board (I use it daily as my main DIY eGPU : with a GTX 1060).

Thing is : My GPU will always end up with a Windows Error 43 within device manager when using the InXtron TB3 board.

Tried a driver cleanup, rollback but I'm still have code 43.

Any idea ? @bloodhawk @eGPU Enthusiast

Weird, which driver version are you on, i just tested my GTX 1080 with it and its working fine with @j95's 376.19 drivers.

Also which laptop ?

Hey :)

I'm using 378.66 (so far) with my GTX 1060. What surprise me is that everything is working great with the Thunder3 PCIe.

I'm using a Dell DA-2 with a Y PCIe cable to deliver power to both the chassis and the gpu.

Everything is then plugged to a NUC6i7KYK.

May I kindly ask you to use that firmware viewer software from Akitio and tell me what value you get ?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s0kxf2mi5yaxi6b/V1.0.0.1.zip

I have :

NVM 15

PD: 3.61.00

Edited by benjaminlsr