GtX 460m in M17R3 and M15XR2

sincera2601

Hello guys, just have one question about GTX 460m. I saw a gtx 460m on eBay. I ask the seller that whether will it work on my M15xR2 or not. I bought my M15x since 11 months ago from Dell with 1 year basic warranty and it is still under warranty until December 20, so I think it is M15xR2, is it my bad or am I right? He said that the card works fine in M17R3 and he think it will work OK on my m15xr2. What do you think about this, just let me know any advice of you because that seller doesn't accept the return. Thanks!

As mentioned above, there's only one "M15x", and it comes with a first gen i-Series CPU, the other is called "m15x" and is from the "pre-Dell Alienware era".

The 460m will work, but the Clevo version will probably have some issues with sound through DisplayPort/HDMI, for full functionality you'll need the Dell version.

Also check out the 560m, it seems there have been some quite good offers for this card and it will work as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks everyone. I am confused about the version, too. The problem is with the card work on M17x, when I ask Dell, they said it will be a little bit bigger than the one in m15x of Dell. Anyway, I already ordered one gtx 460m from Dell. May I return it and go with 560m? What do you guys think? Thanks again!

• 8 months later...
Guest Alienware-L_Porras

Just to add to what everyone said, the m15x has only one version. The previous ones were called "Area-51 m15" and the m15x is the one from DELL. If this is the one that you have it will work fine on it, we do have some available as well and service to put it into the laptop if you don't feel like opening it. If you wanna go that way, let us know via e-mail [email protected] ...