PASCAL-MXM & P-SERIES REFRESH

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Hmm. Maybe the owner of the place would like to look into this. I think I will ping them because employees that do not do right by customers need to be held accountable for bad behavior. It doesn't take more than a couple of times to hurt a small business.

1 hour ago, bloodhawk said:

Sure. It was quite a few months back though. Ill message you the details , later tonight.

Could you please give us a call at  (888) 381-8222 or email us at [email protected] so that way we can get the details of the situation. I do not know who you talked to here but no one here would have any reason to be rude to you or call you homeless and if so we would like to know the details of the situation. Hopefully we can fix this situation and want you to shop here again.

Edited by Performance-PCS
  • Thumbs Up 5

10 minutes ago, Performance-PCS said:

Could you please give us a call at  (888) 381-8222 or email us at sales@performace-pcs.com so that way we can get the details of the situation. I do not know who you talked to here but no one here would have any reason to be rude to you or call you homeless and if so we would like to know the details of the situation. Hopefully we can fix this situation and want you to shop here again.

Thanks. I hope that it gets resolved. I've been very happy as one of your customers.

5 minutes ago, Performance-PCS said:

Could you please give us a call at  (888) 381-8222 or email us at sales@performace-pcs.com so that way we can get the details of the situation. I do not know who you talked to here but no one here would have any reason to be rude to you or call you homeless and if so we would like to know the details of the situation. Hopefully we can fix this situation and want you to shop here again.

Thank you for looking into this. 

I'll try to get in touch with you guys as soon as I'm off from work. 

At this point since it was a while back , I have pretty much moved on. As I mentioned before, I'm sure it was a one off thing, and probably the person I talked to was having a really bad day (he kinda sounded agitated :S) . That's why I never made big fuss about it. 

Would love to give you guys another chance, now that @Mr. Fox mentioned that he has had a great experience with you guys. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/28/2016 at 11:22 AM, iunlock said:

Guys guys...@Prema shouldn't have to be buying his own thermal pads. :)

@Prema, would an Amazon gift card suffice? Perhaps we can (yes speaking for us all :P ) can send some codes your way so that you can grab the best pads (FP 17.0w m/k)

Let me know if the Amazon GC would work for you and I'll send some your way so you can get some thermal pads.

You have our full support.

Update: Ah I've just realized, to avoid putting @Prema on the spot to answer directly since he's humble, we shall resort to the dedicated donation thread.

Done. :)

7WIikEE.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone knows if there are power plan problems in the firmware of P775? 

It seems that regardless of settings, the system will dip to 800 MHz from time to time (power plan set to max in both CC and Windows power plan)

Untitle11d.png

10 minutes ago, Georgel said:

Anyone knows if there are power plan problems in the firmware of P775? 

It seems that regardless of settings, the system will dip to 800 MHz from time to time (power plan set to max in both CC and Windows power plan)

Untitle11d.png

Does it happen under load? It should never do it under load. At idle this is normal with stock BIOS due to c-states being enabled. If you are not already, should be using ThrottleStop to smooth out the bumps. Stock Clevo BIOS is junk. 

It may help in Windows High Performance power plan advanced settings to set minimum processor state to 100%.

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Does it happen under load? It should never do it under load. At idle this is normal with stock BIOS due to c-states being enabled. If you are not already, should be using ThrottleStop to smooth out the bumps. Stock Clevo BIOS is junk. 

It may help in Windows High Performance power plan advanced settings to set minimum processor state to 100%.

@Georgel THIS ^^

As i mentioned on the other forum as well, do not disable C-States unless you absolutely need to. Not every one is comfortable with the increased thermals. They help save a lot of power and heat generated when the system doesn't need that full boost clock.

Edited by bloodhawk
  • Thumbs Up 3

So, while I am waiting for Alienkiller R2 as HIDevolution get it ready to ship, I decided to do a couple of extra things to get myself ready for it.

For a discount almost 50% I couldn't resist Corsair's offer on this...
RX5HSBL.jpg

And, I went ahead and spent a little time giving my U3 a bit more lung capacity for the 1080 SLI. @Papusan
cYz6eHh.jpg

QzitQXO.jpg

On 10/24/2016 at 3:46 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Win performance is on 100%, it still happens, sometimes under load...

Well, it doesn't impact performance - almost at all. 

Now... Is there any clear fix on latency issues with GTX 1080 drivers? Can we fix those via a vBIOS? 

3 hours ago, Georgel said:

Win performance is on 100%, it still happens, sometimes under load...

Well, it doesn't impact performance - almost at all. 

Now... Is there any clear fix on latency issues with GTX 1080 drivers? Can we fix those via a vBIOS? 

No, that is an NVIDIA driver problem. This has been happening off and on again for years. I first experienced it with GTX 580M SLI in the M18xR1. Try a different driver version. Some driver versions are absolutely horrible and others are truly outstanding. Be sure to run DDU to clean out all of the old files between driver version changes or you may not get a clear picture of whether a particular driver version is better or not. If you cannot find a Pascal driver that does not have DPC latency problems, the best place to report your issues with NVIDIA drivers is GeForce Community forum.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

No, that is an NVIDIA driver problem. This has been happening off and on again for years. I first experienced it with GTX 580M SLI in the M18xR1. Try a different driver version. Some driver versions are absolutely horrible and others are truly outstanding. Be sure to run DDU to clean out all of the old files between driver version changes or you may not get a clear picture of whether a particular driver version is better or not. If you cannot find a Pascal driver that does not have DPC latency problems, the best place to report your issues with NVIDIA drivers is GeForce Community forum.

Yeap, and it just became way more severe with the release of Pascal. 

As usual, Nvidia doesn't care. They released the so called hotfix that worked for maybe 10% of the users, and they marked it as fixed. They arent even mentioning it in their patch notes anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, bloodhawk said:

Yeap, and it just became way more severe with the release of Pascal. 

As usual, Nvidia doesn't care. They released the so called hotfix that worked for maybe 10% of the users, and they marked it as fixed. They arent even mentioning it in their patch notes anymore.

NVIDIA have become very good at showing us excellent examples of why they suck.

Not caring when their drivers or hardware products malfunction is one of their specialties, included at no extra charge.

@Mr. Fox regarding

Spoiler
On 10/28/2016 at 4:56 PM, Mr. Fox said:

So, while I am waiting for Alienkiller R2 as HIDevolution get it ready to ship, I decided to do a couple of extra things to get myself ready for it.

For a discount almost 50% I couldn't resist Corsair's offer on this...
RX5HSBL.jpg

And, I went ahead and spent a little time giving my U3 a bit more lung capacity for the 1080 SLI. @Papusan
cYz6eHh.jpg

QzitQXO.jpg

Can you please tell me what fans are those? Do they work with usb power?

You used this guide? http://www.overclock.net/t/1388872/guide-how-to-make-a-high-air-flow-laptop-cooling

I own a Notepal U3 with 6 of stock fans but could use 6 of those instead if they had a better rpm rate to keep my P377SM-A cooler! 

Hoping to hear from you my friend! Thanks in advance!

Edited by joluke@inphtech

1 hour ago, joluke@inphtech said:

@Mr. Fox regarding

Reveal hidden contents

You used this guide? http://www.overclock.net/t/1388872/guide-how-to-make-a-high-air-flow-laptop-cooling

I own a Notepal U3 with 6 of stock fans but could use 6 of those instead if they had a better rpm rate to keep my P377SM-A cooler! 

Those are probably rosewill. 

On 16/08/2016 at 3:49 AM, Ashtrix said:

Waiting for the MSI 1080 & the 1060 cards, No reviews of them As of now right ?

I'm looking for the same. 

have the cards, just not the systems to test them in.  One brave buyer purchased a MSI 1070N and will test it this week. I offered him some cash back if he shared his experience, and this also gives him the best chance to try things the community can suggest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, joluke@inphtech said:

@Mr. Fox regarding

Reveal hidden contents

No, I have never seen that guide before. I use 12V fans and they need an AC adapter. USB powered 5V fans are too weak to be useful. The fans with red blades are Rosewill and they are no longer available on NewEgg where I originally purchased them.

I recommend using the EKWB Vardar FF5-120 fans: EK-Furious Vardar FF5-120 (3000rpm) High Performance Liquid Cooling Fan | Performance-PCs
(Thank @Papusan for the recommendation on these... will be replacing the fans on the cooler shown in the photo with these initially. If I like them better may buy them for the other one later.)

I've used a couple of different controller setups. I like what I used on my most recent mod the most. That controller is also shown in the above photo.

Controller:
Kingwin Four Channel Turn Knob Multi-Fan Cooling Controller FPX-001

AC Adapter:
Coolerguys 100-240v AC to 12 & 5v DC 4pin Molex 2A Power Adapter

Filters:
120mm Computer PC Dustproof Cooler Fan Cover Dust Filter Mesh 5pcs
These are not as well made as the original (now discontinued) filters I was using, but they work fine for filters. Would be pretty silly to spend more than a couple of bucks on this.

Spoiler

El_Cazador.JPG

Just spotted the full standard mxm board GTX 1070 from a chinese forum, seems like it's from ZOTAC mini pc EN 1070.

From the color and design of the board, maybe it's made by MSI? 

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4848930195

Edited: Seems like the post in the link was deleted or hidden now, this is suspicious...

ZOTAC EN 1070: https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/magnus-en1070

Edited by coolane
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lol so basically all the companies want to do, is screw the past customers over, and make money off of the new ones and the ones who are willing to keep on supporting them even after being burned for no reason.

Before this I was willing to give Clevo the benefit of the doubt. But  seems like they just fucked us over for no good reason. Other than Business.

Edited by bloodhawk
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, bloodhawk said:

Lol so basically all the companies want to, is screw the past customers over, and make money of the new ones and the ones who are willing to keep on supporting them even after being burned for no reason.

Ain't that the truth. Excuse my French but %^&* these !@#$%^&*.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 11/4/2016 at 5:33 PM, octiceps said:

Ain't that the truth. Excuse my French but %^&* these !@#$%^&*.

I don't read or speak French, but I'm sure that's not a joyful expression. Now, Spanish is a different story, and to those same folks I say, ¡Chinga tu madre! and ¡Comer mi mierda, pendejo cabrones! LOL.

On 10/6/2016 at 0:09 AM, Prema said:

Oh WOW, thank You Sir! :D

Happy Birthday to me then:

Reveal hidden contents

Is there anybody in this world still capable of doing things right? 

OK received these pads from frozencpu.com and should have listened to others advise and not have ordered from them.

They sent me the 11w/mk version of the the 1.5mm pads instead of the 17w/mk we paid for and instead of the 3mm pads they sent 2mm twice...great! :(

Asusparts.eu sent me the wrong Delta FANs as well, so that project is cancelled as well.

Hope to see at least my 70 bucks back...

EDIT 2: RECEIVED A FULL REFUND AND THEY ARE CHECKING THEIR STOCK TO AVOID FUTURE MIX-UPS FOR OTHER CUSTOMER!
Now I just need to find the Delta GPU FAN somewhere while on the go...

The Everki Titan Trolley that I got is also DOA and came with both wheels broken... :(

EDIT: OK at least the Everki Service is outstanding and they are sending a replacement Trolley overnight as I will be between Taxi, Bus, Train and airports for the rest of the week...

• Brian unpinned this topic