PASCAL-MXM & P-SERIES REFRESH

Well looks like i may well be getting p870dm3 after all in january given the go ahead by the mrs. First plan is to sell my m18x r2 which my sons have been using for gaming then my p870dm. God knows how im gonna manage with just a surface 4 tablet in between.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Prema said:

3rd generation processor?

A 1060 in a P150EM?

You've done it again man... So I do have hope for my P150SM in the future.

D*** these Bios restricting pieces of .... Why the hell they don't make this just like desktops, replace and go!?

• Thumbs Up 1

In EM systems the MXM is connected to the iGPU (Intel) there is some sort of eDP-LVDS signal conversion before it reaches the screen.

BTW, stock EM BIOS hangs at boot and can neither reach BIOS nor Windows at all.

With the beta Mod it's all Plug'n'Play now including driver support. Will see if I can do a proper bench today after re-pasting to see how a stock result should look like (initial bench was a POC with throttle on CPU&GPU just to see if it can be made into something usable).  

Yeah it's Clevos specific implementation that converts the eDP signal to LVDS and makes it work on the hardware side.

As promised posted an OC bench. Stock vBIOS with a lot of throttle, yet a 5 year old system beating all 2016 model:

BTW, OP updated with some GPU shots and power infos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2016 at 7:55 AM, Prema said:

In EM systems the MXM is connected to the iGPU (Intel) there is some sort of eDP-LVDS signal conversion before it reaches the screen.

With the beta Mod it's all Plug'n'Play now including driver support. Will see if I can do a proper bench today after re-pasting to see how a stock result should look like (initial bench was a POC with throttle on CPU&GPU just to see if it can be made into something usable).  

when your saying EM system, what do you mean, sorry not following the Acronym or I'm forgetful if I ever knew it. (is it a specific bios, like phoenix or Amibios or something ?)

30 minutes ago, Lee James Wood said:

when your saying EM system, what do you mean, sorry not following the Acronym or I'm forgetful if I ever knew it. (is it a specific bios, like phoenix or Amibios or something ?)

Here... http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10808163

On 01/12/2016 at 11:04 PM, Mr. Fox said:

HAHAHAH you meant like P150EM LOLOL... shit I must have been tired. Cracked me right the frig up.  See my brain is fried, business has been non-stop busy...

anyways nice work, great to see the performance of the 1060N  ( I started calling it 1060N, for notebook) .

Anything needed to get it work work properly in the older HM77 / HM87 chipsets ?  Any word on power loss issues on the AW17 ? Or maybe working with M17X-R4 ?

On 20/11/2016 at 10:15 AM, Prema said:

Yeah it's Clevos specific implementation that converts the eDP signal to LVDS and makes it work on the hardware side.

As promised posted an OC bench. Stock vBIOS with a lot of throttle, yet a 5 year old system beating all 2016 model:

BTW, OP updated with some GPU shots and power infos.

Any way to get them (1060N) to work in the older Alienware's like M17X-R4/ AW17 ?   Someone reported a few power loss issues, though it doesn't happen to me as often, it did happen once. I would go through this entire thread to see if this has been stated or not, but the site is slow to some regard, and it's such a hassle...  just curious what systems the 1060N would be an interest for, and what exactly is needed to make it work in older systems (did you create a new bios mod ? Did I miss something? Sorry been sooo busy lately.)

On 17/11/2016 at 7:55 AM, Prema said:

ahh right.. go figure reading backwards.. 

any such mod/update for Alienware systems like M18X-R2/AW18/M17X-R3/R4 AW17 or M15X...

On 2.12.2016 at 5:04 AM, Mr. Fox said:

Impressive old clevo with little Prema magic is able to beat even new MSI GT72/ASUS or very crappy Alienware 2016 with 1060 without problem...

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, CaerCadarn said:

There is nothing sweeter than "Old Tech" kickin' the new ones a$$! emoji16.png

Totally agree with that one... very satisfying, indeed. That's especially true when the latest and not-so-greatest is castrated BGA filth. It drives the point home real hard when something 3 to 5 years old violently decapitates today's soldered garbage that all of the kiddos are going wild over.

Totally agree with that one... very satisfying, indeed. That's especially true when the latest and not-so-greatest is castrated BGA filth. It drives the point home real hard when something 3 to 5 years old violently decapitates today's soldered garbage that all of the kiddos are going wild over.

Yep! Hope to revive my good ol' Panther soon with a Pair of E9550 or 1070 and an overclockable 10 Core Xeon! [emoji106]
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 01/12/2016 at 11:04 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Nice

On 05/12/2016 at 5:59 PM, Lucifer Nymphetamine said:

Good evening! I'm outdated, working like crazy, but reading on the surface, I assumed that the prema SWOT, is developing a MOD BIOS for veteran laptops, support the 1080m? : D
P570WM3 Still hope?

won't fit AFAIK. It's not really a matter of supporting it bios wise.. then theres adding enough power correctly to the auxiliary power input.

I have no idea what i meant to say, but didn't mean to call anyone any names, LOL... I think i meant to capitalise PREMA  and then I'm lost...  lol

Anyone know which MSI laptops that support MXM 3.0b that the 1060N does NOT work with ? At what model lineup does it start to have no support or ability to be used ?

• 1 month later...
  • Brian unpinned this topic