PASCAL-MXM & P-SERIES REFRESH

@Prema - I don't care about loud fans. In fact, I like them. I find it reassuring to know they are blowing full blast when I can hear them. My wife doesn't like it, but she has learned to get over it after all of these years, LOL.

Sad to hear Clevo gimped them to 60% max based on EC control to cut down on noise. Alienswear pulled a similar stunt when they released the 18, and it sucked when they did it, too.

But, for the assurance of those that are concerned about it, FN+1 still forces them to run at 100% on the new models? Is that correct? If so, that's all I care about. I use FN+1 all the time instead of letting the EC decide what is best for fan speed.

Did anyone find a EU based reseller who offers 120hz displays for the P775DM3? I can't believe it's not available anywhere but in the US...

Edited by sirana

Good afternoon , guys , I think my pergpunta will be directly answered by PREMA , but come on . I have a Clevo P570WM3 (aka Phanter 5D Eurocom ) I want to buy SLI 1080 ... Eurocom and Mr. Fox warned me that it is impossible compatibility. PS : I want to slit my wrists . Prema , is there any possibility of any of the paschal be compatible ? If so, what will possibly be compatible . Many thanks to all who can somehow guide me .

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Lucifer Nymphetamine said:

Good afternoon , guys , I think my pergpunta will be directly answered by PREMA , but come on . I have a Clevo P570WM3 (aka Phanter 5D Eurocom ) I want to buy SLI 1080 ... Eurocom and Mr. Fox warned me that it is impossible compatibility. PS : I want to slit my wrists . Prema , is there any possibility of any of the paschal be compatible ? If so, what will possibly be compatible . Many thanks to all who can somehow guide me .

Dear @Prema and @Mr. Fox I'll ask the same quistion and need your kind advice for the P570WM.

16 minutes ago, Dr. AMK said:

Dear @Prema and @Mr. Fox I'll ask the same quistion and need your kind advice for the P570WM.

Hey bro! Unless @Prema has some kind of info that I have not seen, I think 980M SLI is the end of the line. 

A 1060 option might exist, but a wimpy option like that really isn't an option at all. If it has no SLI connector, then it will be an unacceptable option even if it fits. 

I'm not convinced that 1070 SLI is a significant enough upgrade to justify the expense. We need some extreme 1070 SLI benchmarks to set the record straight on this, but it will still be second rate with 1080 SLI overshadowing it. And, for 1070 to fit, it's going to have to be totally different than anything Clevo brings to the table. Maybe an MSI variant.

The question of heat sink fit also comes to mind. Fitting in the chassis is the first step. Step two is cooling it. If the heat sinks for the P570WM do not fit, game over. If they fit but can't keep it cool, game over. Many variables to contend with.

• Founder
47 minutes ago, Dr. AMK said:

Beautiful interior the Duel GTX 1080 inside the Eurocom X9E2, is the new cooling system is the same for other brands?

m385_7.jpg

I wonder if that shared hsf will hamper cpu overclocking and possibly gpu boost consistency once it is heat soaked? I was never a fan of shared hsf designs. I had hoped they would try something new like a vapor chamber to cool these monsters.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, sirana said:

Sadly I was told by CEG that there won't be any 120hz clevo models available in Europe... I would love to buy from HID if it wasn't for the import tax.

Echoing some others here:

1. How well does the P775 cool a single 1080 in comparison to the P870DM2 and - DM3?

2. Is there a performance difference between the models if all run a single 1080?

3. The P775 comes with a single 330W if configured with 1080, how about the P870DM2 and - DM3? I know Prema said the standard configuration is 2x 230W for 1070 and 2x 330W for 1080, but that hopefully only refers to SLI, no?

1/2. For single 1080 cooling the P870DM2 may have an edge over the P775DM3 when using the T-shape heatsink over two FANs.

3. Clevo doesn't recommend single AC Adapter for P870DM2/3 but you could use single 330W.

5 hours ago, Khenglish said:

Any idea why the 1070 is available for the P750DM2, but not the 1080? Will the 1080 be available at some point?

Also are the 15.6" models getting 120Hz screens, or just the 17.3s?

1080 in P750DM2 would be an unofficial configuration and may cause cooling problems.

IDK about 15" 120Hz screens...

6 hours ago, ssj92 said:

Does this mean we cannot do SLI even with the 1070 MSI SLI models?

Not with any of the cards that I have seen...

5 hours ago, Red Line said:

@Prema

Thanks) Have another one... So if reseller sells P775 or P870 with 120Hz screen this means the gpu's in there are not G-Sync capable or they are all the same this time around? Any chance a 120Hz LCD laptop can be upgraded to 4K G-sync panel (including P670RS which i guess is still 75Hz)?

Regards

Aorus is prepating some nice 120Hz 15.6" FullHD and 120Hz 17.3" 1440p g-sync screens, so i guess the other vendors follows the suit later on. Though, not clear if they are IPS.

The standard configuration for 120Hz AUO screen would not come with g-sync GPUs due to the pending g-sync license (same situation we had with the 4K AUO before).

IDK about 15" 120Hz or 17" 1440p screens...

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

@Prema - I don't care about loud fans. In fact, I like them. I find it reassuring to know they are blowing full blast when I can hear them. My wife doesn't like it, but she has learned to get over it after all of these years, LOL.

Sad to hear Clevo gimped them to 60% max based on EC control to cut down on noise. Alienswear pulled a similar stunt when they released the 18, and it sucked when they did it, too.

But, for the assurance of those that are concerned about it, FN+1 still forces them to run at 100% on the new models? Is that correct? If so, that's all I care about. I use FN+1 all the time instead of letting the EC decide what is best for fan speed.

FN+1 is still with us and as far as I know it should set FANs to 100% duty.

58 minutes ago, Lucifer Nymphetamine said:

Single MSI GPU may work, but I have no test results, yet. None of the cards that I am aware of would allow for SLI.

52 minutes ago, str8_an94baller said:

Is it better to use grid or dual-fin hsf for the single 1080 dm3?

DM3 comes with 'GRID' heatsink by default, for single as well as for dual 1080 configuration.

1 minute ago, Brian said:

I wonder if that shared hsf will hamper cpu overclocking and possibly gpu boost consistency once it is heat soaked? I was never a fan of shared hsf designs. I had hoped they would try something new like a vapor chamber to cool these monsters.

I agree with you @Brian, and what about some innovation and considering the water cooling somehow...  Clevo should be leading the markets from all perspectives.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beautiful interior the Duel GTX 1080 inside the Eurocom X9E2, is the new cooling system is the same for other brands?

m385_7.jpg

We are pretty sure it is a vapor chamber the heat pipes are sitting on, not just a metal plate! Look for more pics of the sink to check and talk to resellers.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Hey bro! Unless @Prema has some kind of info that I have not seen, I think 980M SLI is the end of the line. 

A 1060 option might exist, but a wimpy option like that really isn't an option at all. If it has no SLI connector, then it will be an unacceptable option even if it fits. 

I'm not convinced that 1070 SLI is a significant enough upgrade to justify the expense. We need some extreme 1070 SLI benchmarks to set the record straight on this, but it will still be second rate with 1080 SLI overshadowing it. And, for 1070 to fit, it's going to have to be totally different than anything Clevo brings to the table. Maybe an MSI variant.

The question of heat sink fit also comes to mind. Fitting in the chassis is the first step. Step two is cooling it. If the heat sinks for the P570WM do not fit, game over. If they fit but can't keep it cool, game over. Many variables to contend with.

Whats it´s you 24/7 clock´s with SLI 980M Fox?

11 minutes ago, str8_an94baller said:

how well does grid perform over T heatsink?

we still have option for a 330x2 psu even with DM3 single 1080 right?

2 x 330W is the default configuration for P870DM3 unless your re-seller decides otherwise.

8 minutes ago, sirana said:

And would a single 1080 actually benefit from a second 330W PSU?

For P870DM3 Clevo actually advises against the use of a single AC Adapter, but if you plan on running all @ stock then it should be fine-ish.

7 minutes ago, Prema said:

2 x 330W is the default configuration for P870DM3 unless your re-seller decides otherwise.

For P870DM3 Clevo actually advises against the use of a single AC Adapter, but if you plan on running all @ stock then it should be fine-ish.

ok

any word on bios availability to reseller? evoc says they don't have it ready yet.

17 minutes ago, Prema said:

And if the single 1080 is running in a P775DM3, it only comes with a single 330W adapter. Won't it lack power then? Sorry to bother you so much, I am just anxious to spend my money "wisely" :frantics:

13 minutes ago, sirana said:
36 minutes ago, Prema said:

And if the single 1080 is running in a P775DM3, it only comes with a single 330W adapter. Won't it lack power then? Sorry to bother you so much, I am just anxious to spend my money "wisely" :frantics:

If worried, but the second 330 adapter and ask for the converter box!

1 minute ago, ajc9988 said:

If worried, but the second 330 adapter and ask for the converter box!

That's another ~200€ I could avoid if a single 330W is sufficient for running the 1080P + desktop CPU at a nice, not too high overclock.

4 hours ago, sirana said:

Did anyone find a EU based reseller who offers 120hz displays for the P775DM3? I can't believe it's not available anywhere but in the US...

http://tekadvice.ro/clevo-p775.html

Romanian Reseller already has all the new versions, which is kinda amazing. 

They are also trying to sign up to become a Prema partner from what they said, so should be really taken into account. But then again, I'm not affiliated, and I do recommend that regardless of reseller one should get a bare bone then add his own RAM / SSD / HDD / all components that can be customized.

At any rate, at least we romanians have this gong on for us XD. 

2 hours ago, Prema said:

It's given me an itch to ask it XD. 

What happens when it is under powered? I mean, say we buy an P870 with 1080 SLI. What happens when feeding it a single 330W? It gets damaged, it heats, it crashes, or it simply doesn't work as fast? 

2 hours ago, sirana said:

With a 980 and a single 330W PSU I need to push the GPU power draw over 220W to have problems. I believe the TDP of the 1080m (yes I am calling it "m" for mobile. this is the laptop version and the "m" always stood for mobile...) is 125W, so actual power draw will be around 150W. It should be ok at default, mild, and maybe moderate overclocks, but expect PSU shutdowns if you start raising the voltage much.

Edited by Khenglish
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Lucifer Nymphetamine said:

I basically never overclock my GPUs except when I am benching. They run stock for normal use and for gaming. When I do any kind of serious GPU overclocking it's on AC cooling because I don't want to kill super expensive parts by cooking them to death.

Now, CPU is a totally different story. My 6700K runs 4.7GHz 24/7 with c-states disabled and I goose it to 4.8GHz for benching. It runs cool enough for normal use just using the fans sitting on top of my modded U3. Plus, if I wear it out, 6700K is a cheap CPU and replacing it isn't a big deal. Since I don't have a BGA turdbook, a CPU replacement is a Philips screwdriver and tube of CLU away, and about 15 minutes of my time including delid. The CPU is expendable, but as cool as it runs I doubt I'll ever need to replace it. 

I basically never overclock my GPUs except when I am benching. They run stock for normal use and for gaming. When I do any kind of serious GPU overclocking it's on AC cooling because I don't want to kill super expensive parts by cooking them to death.

Now, CPU is a totally different story. My 6700K runs 4.7GHz 24/7 with c-states disabled and I goose it to 4.8GHz for benching. It runs cool enough for normal use just using the fans sitting on top of my modded U3. Plus, if I wear it out, 6700K is a cheap CPU and replacing it isn't a big deal. Since I don't have a BGA turdbook, a CPU replacement is a Philips screwdriver and tube of CLU away, and about 15 minutes of my time including delid. The CPU is expendable, but as cool as it runs I doubt I'll ever need to replace it. 

What's your 24/7 on the 4790k?

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Georgel said:

What happens when it is under powered? I mean, say we buy an P870 with 1080 SLI. What happens when feeding it a single 330W? It gets damaged, it heats, it crashes, or it simply doesn't work as fast? 

If it runs out of power it will generally shut off the machine, or the AC adapter internal circuit breaker will cut out and drop the GPU clocks to 2D battery operation levels. It should not cause any hardware damage. Used to be a common everyday thing thing for me with the M18xR2 until I did my dual 330W adapter mod for it. It never hurt anything, but it was super annoying to be in the middle of a wicked overclocked benchmark run and suddenly have the machine turn off from totally exhausting the available power supply.

• Guest changed the title to PASCAL-MXM+
  • Brian unpinned this topic