Psyrecx

15.6" Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (Gen 2) + RX 480 + mPCIe2@4Gbps/5GTs (EXP GDC Beast v8.3E) + Win10

On 9/3/2017 at 4:24 AM, Psyrecx said:

A modified BIOS is required as Lenovo has a whitelist and the systems won't allow anything but approved devices to be used. If you try using an unapproved device, it won't allow you to do anything until you remove it.

Hi there 

you brought hope back to me because I almost gave up on how to remove whitelist from IdeaPad Y500 after doing so much trials and so many errors stuff.

I have an updated bios V 2.03 on an IdeaPad Y500 Generation 2 with the 2 Nvidia 750m cards. So according to your quote above a modified Bios is required.

Also svl7 wrote in the opening page of this long thread that:

"if  your laptop bios is version 2.02 or 2.03 you can safely use the 2.04 update".

So so in simple steps how can I get first to version 2.04 and then to modify the resulting Bios to set me free?

ok. managed to hook up gtx 750 ti to Y400 but I had to use early 2017 Nvidia driver though. 

gonna try gtx 1050 ti next.

Is there a guide for this? it would be amazing If i can get this working since my Y500 is basically falls under the "PC" category