Clevo 170SM-A with GTX 970M 6GB

joelramos

Hi,

I bought a Clevo 170SM-A with a GTX 970M 6GB GPU at http://www.clevocenter.com last year. For some unknown reason (at least to me...) I'm just not able to update Nvidia drivers since version 359.06 (BSOD or other times "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

This is the current status of my GPU:

nvidia-20160624-014832.png

Do I need to upgrade the BIOS and/or vBIOS? Which files do I need to use for this upgrade?

I hope you can help me to solve this issue.

Edited by joelramos

I did not have the same problem because by the time I got around to flashing my vBIOS Prema had already released v2 which fixed the issue with the newer drivers conflicting.

Though many others experienced the same issue you are experiencing and had to flash the newer vBIOS. I'm sure if you do some digging on the forums you can surely find threads about it. :)

On 6/25/2016 at 0:18 AM, joelramos said:

So I tried to flash the vBIOS but was not successful.

What am I doing wrong?

As the 'readme' suggests please run GPU-Z in the background in order to activate the NVIDIA GPU and be able to flash it. ;)

On 29/06/2016 at 7:12 AM, Prema said:

As the 'readme' suggests please run GPU-Z in the background in order to activate the NVIDIA GPU and be able to flash it. ;)

I thought that GPU-Z was only to get the info from the GPU but guess I didn't fully understand the instructions... noobie...

One more question, is there a away to backup to current vBIOS?

Thanks for the help @Prema and @Spellbound