MBPr heating issues?

Hardware:

Akitio 2 Thunder + Dell PSU

EVGA 960 GTX

2015 MBPr w/ (Nvidia 750) (16gb ram) (512gb SSD)

Windows 8.1

I pretty much followed Dschijn guide to the (t) with the exception of graphic card choice. I've noticed after some gaming (WOW/D3/Overwatch) the heat on my laptop is quite warm. Also I have under-clocked my CPU as recommended.

My laptop gets hot to touch on the top-center portion of my keyboard, has anybody else experienced this?

That is normal for MacBooks.

Try to lift your MacBook a bit and give it some "breathing air" from underneath. Already lifting it 1cm from the desk will help. Lifting the back more than the front will help warm air to rise on the bottom to the back.

Hi Malifunction,

I recomend you to remove the original thermal paste and apply a new one, on the CPU and the iGPU...

Before I changed the original thermal paste I normally reach 100ª playing games (no eGPU at that moment...) I was really scared, I paid a lot of € for my 2012 MBPr and the hot inside the MBP is your worst enemy to 

Once I change the paste the temperature decrease 10ª, I´M NOT KIDDING

Using the eGPU and playing games with the new paste the temperature is normally between 78º - 85º :D 

On iddle the temperature i¡is between 58º 60º ;)

I spend some time studying different pastes, and then I choose thermal grizzly because:

- You don´t have to wait time to have the best response, I mean you put it and start working at the moment

- The high and low range temperature supported where much better than another popular like Arctic Silver

Ups... never forget to deep clear the fans and all the dust inside de MBP

Good luck!

FullSizeRender.jpg