EGPU not detected properly (Microsoft Basic Adapter)

I have an HP 8760w i7 2620m (Nvidia Quadro 3000m) and purchased an PE4C-EC060A V3.0 (PCIe x16 Adapter) from ebay. Hooked up a 400w evga PSU and an Asus strix gaming gtx950 with the PE4C V 3.0 through the express card slot. When I go to device manager it shows up as Microsoft Basic Adapter. Tried installing drivers and unplugged, checked everything and replugged everything, still shows up as Microsoft Basic Adapter instead of Nvidia gtx 950. If anyone has any solutions/suggestions lmk, thanks.

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, andresousa said:

when i press to off , stay with thiz freeze 

and when i start up the windows say that " Microsoft Basic Adapter"

A couple of points:

1. Your system unfortunately does not have a iGPU+dGPU switchable configuration. Instead you only have a dGPU. Hence you cannot disable the dGPU in Setup 1.30 because that's the GPU that your LCD is attached to.

2. You have an AMD dGPU and eGPU. This is causing a problem because you require a different AMD driver for either. Try disabling the AMD dGPU in device manager, removing it's driver and using 'ddu' software to switch off auto driver reinstall. Then download and install the desktop AMD driver for your eGPU.

3. This messy driver disabling could be alleviated if you had a NVidia eGPU instead using it's own unique driver without conflicting your dGPU.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to EGPU not detected properly (Microsoft Basic Adapter)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.