Samsung Np365e5c working with BEAST EXP GDC v8.3e. Setup + guide + egpu tips

efe5312

A few months ago, one of my good friends gave me his old graphics card,  since he was building a new custom gaming pc. The card is the nvidia geforce gt 545 (3 gig ddr3). While it not being much, i was thankful for it. I decided to make a thresd on this website since it helped me in the decision msking for an egpu. 

SETUP

My egpu adapter and gpu are enclosed in a compact desktop case my neighbors left out for recycling. I am using MPcie version to connect adapter to my laptop. In bios, secure boot is disbled and is set to uefi. The boot switch on the adapter is set to off (all the way to left). The adapter is powered through a standard psu. 

Problems

The only major problems i had were a black screen before boot logo, and a black screen after boot logo. This was fixed by removing male hdmi plug from female hdmi port on adapter and powering on laptop then shutting it down, then replug the egpu adapter and restart. Sometimes multiple restarts are needed for some reason. I will trouble shoot this problem later as i am busy with finals. 

External and internal displays

External display works flawlessly with vga or hdmi conneted to grsphics card directly.i have tried different wsys of using internal lcd but none really work. My last hope is by drilling a hole into laptop screen holder to connect internsl lcd to lcd controller board and hot glu it to back of laptop. My lcd controller board is coming in a few days. I will let you all know how it turns out. 

Thank you for reading as this is my first post on this website. I am highly interested in helping with this developing technology. It is very important to understand this as this can revolutionize the gaming industry. Feel free to ask anything. I might not respond too soon since finals are starting. Hope you the best with your egpus.

1 hour ago, efe5312 said:

I am highly interested in helping with this developing technology. It is very important to understand this as this can revolutionize the gaming industry.

I wouldn't call it "developing", since it's already developed.

I'd just call it "unorthodox", however it's slowly becoming more and more orthodox as big corporations like Razer and Gigabyte are rolling out their own mass-produced eGPU solutions.

But then again I'm more concerned with the practical and functional aspect of eGPU implementations; You seem to be quite the Capitalist - Looking at the moneymaking prospect and whatnot.