Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Klem

Lenovo Y50-70 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, FelixKemper said:

Awesome it works!!!!

Ok. Thanks for your feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Klem,

I have been looking for this, in the last couple of months and I'll really appreciate if you could unlock my BIOS for y50-70? I want to unlock all hidden settings, vbios, remove whitelist and anything that is possible!


https://www.sendspace.com/file/8e2616
 

By now thank you so much for the help and all your awesome work!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, drketrnal said:

Hello @Klem,

I have been looking for this, in the last couple of months and I'll really appreciate if you could unlock my BIOS for y50-70? I want to unlock all hidden settings, vbios, remove whitelist and anything that is possible!


https://www.sendspace.com/file/8e2616
 

By now thank you so much for the help and all your awesome work!!!

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Przemqo said:

Hi! I am looking for a way to underclock my gpu a bit, because it is on its last leg and thermal paste changed hasnt helped that much. Here is my result file

https://www.sendspace.com/file/70qbfh

Hi!

I think if you want to underclock your Nvidia card, then you can try to do it without unlocking bios, just use MSI Afterburner utility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did try this, but all the options are greyed out.

 

Edit> I am on latest drivers, and I tried different tools, all I could find.

I also like to play around and break things, so maybe additional bios menu is also possible?

Edited by Przemqo
More info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Przemqo said:

I did try this, but all the options are greyed out.

 

Edit> I am on latest drivers, and I tried different tools, all I could find.

I also like to play around and break things, so maybe additional bios menu is also possible?

Ok. Check PM.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tankyx said:

Hi, can you unlock my bios so I can use the 60hz instead of the 48hz ?

 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/503b0y

Hi!

Unlocked bios does not help with refresh rate 48Hz. This problem it's hardware Lenovo design for this laptop model with 4K (3840 x 2160 pixel) Display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem, 

My name is Florin and I just signed up to techinferno rather to try and solve a recent problem I created for myself.

A week ago when I've cleaned my laptop, not being to careful I broke 1 of the 2 connections on the WiFi card... 

It still worked after but with much lower speed and bad or fluctuating wireless signal... 

 

Next day I've searched and bought another Intel 7260 WiFi card but this one had "NGW" written after the model number...

Nonetheless the card came, had it installed and obviously id didn't work, hence myself signing up on a forum related to BIOS whitelist removals...

 

I have tried updating the BIOS firmware but it still didn't work...

 

I would kindly require your help for removing the BIOS whitelist on my Lenovo Y50-70 to be able to use the new bought Wifi card.

If you are willing to help, I can send you today afternoon the BIOS back-up file.

 

Million thanks in advance!

Best of luck,

C.Florin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, florynalyn said:

Hi Klem, 

My name is Florin and I just signed up to techinferno rather to try and solve a recent problem I created for myself.

A week ago when I've cleaned my laptop, not being to careful I broke 1 of the 2 connections on the WiFi card... 

It still worked after but with much lower speed and bad or fluctuating wireless signal... 

 

Next day I've searched and bought another Intel 7260 WiFi card but this one had "NGW" written after the model number...

Nonetheless the card came, had it installed and obviously id didn't work, hence myself signing up on a forum related to BIOS whitelist removals...

 

I have tried updating the BIOS firmware but it still didn't work...

 

I would kindly require your help for removing the BIOS whitelist on my Lenovo Y50-70 to be able to use the new bought Wifi card.

If you are willing to help, I can send you today afternoon the BIOS back-up file.

 

Million thanks in advance!

Best of luck,

C.Florin

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok but i want other hidden menu and do some hardware changes

plz unlock my bios

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Amirali said:

ok but i want other hidden menu and do some hardware changes

plz unlock my bios

thanks

Ok. Check PM.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem,

 

Hopefully it's enough for more than 1 beer.

 

If you can remove whitelist for me that would be enough.

Anyway if you decide to do more than that please let me know.

Here's my Bios backup file :

 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/06xuj8

 

Also please send instructions on how to further proceed.

 

Million thanks!
C.Florin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, florynalyn said:

Hi Klem,

 

Hopefully it's enough for more than 1 beer.

 

If you can remove whitelist for me that would be enough.

Anyway if you decide to do more than that please let me know.

Here's my Bios backup file :

 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/06xuj8

 

Also please send instructions on how to further proceed.

 

Million thanks!
C.Florin

Ok. Your unlocked bios mod done. I sent it to you via PM.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello klem, 

 

i would like to unlock all hidden features, whitelist and also vbios unlock

i have a lenovo y50-70 gtx 960m ( 4k model ) 

please send instruction 

 

results https://www.sendspace.com/file/a8mz06

Edited by stunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stunner said:

Hello klem, 

 

i would like to unlock all hidden features, whitelist and also vbios unlock

i have a lenovo y50-70 gtx 960m ( 4k model ) 

please send instruction 

 

results https://www.sendspace.com/file/a8mz06

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem, 

 

I have read some random pages on this thread and I'm very impressed how long you've been helping people here to mod their BIOS. It's incredible! Congratulations for the work, seriously!
I took a time to look at the site you suggested to work on the BIOS change and it's very low level as far as I could understand. 

So as I could not have a good understanding on that and try to do the mod by myself, I would like to ask you that favour. My Y50-70 BIOS is very old and seems very limited, so I wanted to unlock all the capabiities possible on the BIOS for it. It would include hidden menus, white list WLAN, etc.


If you can do that, I will be extremely glad. Thanks is advance. I have just sent the backup results via PM.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zfoglqn said:

Hi Klem, 

 

I have read some random pages on this thread and I'm very impressed how long you've been helping people here to mod their BIOS. It's incredible! Congratulations for the work, seriously!
I took a time to look at the site you suggested to work on the BIOS change and it's very low level as far as I could understand. 

So as I could not have a good understanding on that and try to do the mod by myself, I would like to ask you that favour. My Y50-70 BIOS is very old and seems very limited, so I wanted to unlock all the capabiities possible on the BIOS for it. It would include hidden menus, white list WLAN, etc.


If you can do that, I will be extremely glad. Thanks is advance. I have just sent the backup results via PM.

 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, StrykerSVK said:

Hi Klem,

 

I would like to ask you if you could remove whitelist for me, notebook lenovo Y50-70 UHD .

the bios backup link https://www.sendspace.com/file/8mievz.

 

thank you.

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, StrykerSVK said:

Hi Klem,

 

working as it should .

 

Thank You.

Ok. Thanks for your feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s / T540p.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!
       
      Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.
       
       


       
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.