• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Bios Modder
7 minutes ago, Przemqo said:

Hi! I am looking for a way to underclock my gpu a bit, because it is on its last leg and thermal paste changed hasnt helped that much. Here is my result file

https://www.sendspace.com/file/70qbfh

Hi!

I think if you want to underclock your Nvidia card, then you can try to do it without unlocking bios, just use MSI Afterburner utility.

I did try this, but all the options are greyed out.

Edit> I am on latest drivers, and I tried different tools, all I could find.

I also like to play around and break things, so maybe additional bios menu is also possible?

Edited by Przemqo
More info

• Bios Modder
11 minutes ago, Przemqo said:

I did try this, but all the options are greyed out.

Edit> I am on latest drivers, and I tried different tools, all I could find.

I also like to play around and break things, so maybe additional bios menu is also possible?

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, tankyx said:

Hi, can you unlock my bios so I can use the 60hz instead of the 48hz ?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/503b0y

Hi!

Unlocked bios does not help with refresh rate 48Hz. This problem it's hardware Lenovo design for this laptop model with 4K (3840 x 2160 pixel) Display.

Hi Klem, 

My name is Florin and I just signed up to techinferno rather to try and solve a recent problem I created for myself.

A week ago when I've cleaned my laptop, not being to careful I broke 1 of the 2 connections on the WiFi card... 

It still worked after but with much lower speed and bad or fluctuating wireless signal... 

Next day I've searched and bought another Intel 7260 WiFi card but this one had "NGW" written after the model number...

Nonetheless the card came, had it installed and obviously id didn't work, hence myself signing up on a forum related to BIOS whitelist removals...

I have tried updating the BIOS firmware but it still didn't work...

I would kindly require your help for removing the BIOS whitelist on my Lenovo Y50-70 to be able to use the new bought Wifi card.

If you are willing to help, I can send you today afternoon the BIOS back-up file.

Million thanks in advance!

Best of luck,

C.Florin

• Bios Modder
40 minutes ago, florynalyn said:

Hi Klem, 

My name is Florin and I just signed up to techinferno rather to try and solve a recent problem I created for myself.

A week ago when I've cleaned my laptop, not being to careful I broke 1 of the 2 connections on the WiFi card... 

It still worked after but with much lower speed and bad or fluctuating wireless signal... 

Next day I've searched and bought another Intel 7260 WiFi card but this one had "NGW" written after the model number...

Nonetheless the card came, had it installed and obviously id didn't work, hence myself signing up on a forum related to BIOS whitelist removals...

I have tried updating the BIOS firmware but it still didn't work...

I would kindly require your help for removing the BIOS whitelist on my Lenovo Y50-70 to be able to use the new bought Wifi card.

If you are willing to help, I can send you today afternoon the BIOS back-up file.

Million thanks in advance!

Best of luck,

C.Florin

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
8 minutes ago, Amirali said:

ok but i want other hidden menu and do some hardware changes

plz unlock my bios

thanks

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Klem,

Hopefully it's enough for more than 1 beer.

If you can remove whitelist for me that would be enough.

Anyway if you decide to do more than that please let me know.

Here's my Bios backup file :

https://www.sendspace.com/file/06xuj8

Also please send instructions on how to further proceed.

Million thanks!
C.Florin

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, florynalyn said:

Hi Klem,

Hopefully it's enough for more than 1 beer.

If you can remove whitelist for me that would be enough.

Anyway if you decide to do more than that please let me know.

Here's my Bios backup file :

https://www.sendspace.com/file/06xuj8

Also please send instructions on how to further proceed.

Million thanks!
C.Florin

Ok. Your unlocked bios mod done. I sent it to you via PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, stunner said:

Hello klem, 

i would like to unlock all hidden features, whitelist and also vbios unlock

i have a lenovo y50-70 gtx 960m ( 4k model ) 

please send instruction 

results https://www.sendspace.com/file/a8mz06

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Klem, 

I have read some random pages on this thread and I'm very impressed how long you've been helping people here to mod their BIOS. It's incredible! Congratulations for the work, seriously!
I took a time to look at the site you suggested to work on the BIOS change and it's very low level as far as I could understand. 

So as I could not have a good understanding on that and try to do the mod by myself, I would like to ask you that favour. My Y50-70 BIOS is very old and seems very limited, so I wanted to unlock all the capabiities possible on the BIOS for it. It would include hidden menus, white list WLAN, etc.

If you can do that, I will be extremely glad. Thanks is advance. I have just sent the backup results via PM.

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, zfoglqn said:

Hi Klem, 

I have read some random pages on this thread and I'm very impressed how long you've been helping people here to mod their BIOS. It's incredible! Congratulations for the work, seriously!
I took a time to look at the site you suggested to work on the BIOS change and it's very low level as far as I could understand. 

So as I could not have a good understanding on that and try to do the mod by myself, I would like to ask you that favour. My Y50-70 BIOS is very old and seems very limited, so I wanted to unlock all the capabiities possible on the BIOS for it. It would include hidden menus, white list WLAN, etc.

If you can do that, I will be extremely glad. Thanks is advance. I have just sent the backup results via PM.

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Hello Klem,

please help me unlock my bios advanced settings and remove  whitelist.
I need to change my dvmt-prealloc but the option is hidden or not available due to limited bios.

I have Lenovo Y50-70 860m fhd model (9ECN31WW insydeh20 bios v1.14)

here's my bios backup:

https://www92.zippyshare.com/v/sc8k7sI8/file.html 

thanks, you're the best!

• Bios Modder
14 hours ago, ferdies said:

Hello Klem,

please help me unlock my bios advanced settings and remove  whitelist.
I need to change my dvmt-prealloc but the option is hidden or not available due to limited bios.

I have Lenovo Y50-70 860m fhd model (9ECN31WW insydeh20 bios v1.14)

here's my bios backup:

https://www92.zippyshare.com/v/sc8k7sI8/file.html 

thanks, you're the best!

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check your PM box.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Klem changed the title to Lenovo Y50-70 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod
  • Klem featured and unfeatured this topic