[ASUS N46VZ] Laptop black screen after changing settings in BIOS

Blitzhartwright

Laptop Model : Asus N46VZ

what i change in BIOS settings are :

• Launch CSM - Disabled
  • Fastboot - Disabled
  • Secure Boot - Disabled

after that, i press F10 to save changes and exit.
laptop will restart, but when restart i got black screen.
Keyboard light, Notification Light all lights up, Fan is running.

what is the possible cause ?
is it VGA ? or something else ?

how to fix this problem ?

thank you very much.

• Bios Modder

Changes to a systems BIOS or UEFI may cause the system to boot abnormally. If you are having trouble booting your system, you may try to reset your BIOS/UEFI settings to default.

1. Try connect external monitor or TV.

or

1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until your system shuts completely down.

2. Power on the system.  Immediately press F2 or Delete to enter the BIOS.

3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.

4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.

On 6/8/2016 at 10:18 PM, Klem said:

Changes to a systems BIOS or UEFI may cause the system to boot abnormally. If you are having trouble booting your system, you may try to reset your BIOS/UEFI settings to default.

1. Try connect external monitor or TV.

or

1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until your system shuts completely down.

2. Power on the system.  Immediately press F2 or Delete to enter the BIOS.

3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.

4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.

hi, thanks for replying.

actually i ask on other forums aswell, and here is the answer i got :

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still load into a black screen, try connecting an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it.
- If the screen is still black proceed with reseating the RAM's.
- Remove the RAM's off for a second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will not work, I would suggest opening the laptop and reset BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for a second then put it back in.
- And if all these will not work that means that the problem may lie in the motherboard already.

and unfortunately, before iam asking here and there , i already tried all of them, and none of them works.

and now my last resort would be try shorting JRST2001 to do hard CMOS reset.

and regarding JRST2001, someone said this :

From my testing those jumpers will clear the CMOS data (whatever that means) and the time.

But it will not clear NVRAM settings (stuff you mess up while in BIOS menus) so it will not help with making your laptop bootable.

but anyway im just gonna try it.

Edited by Blitzhartwright

• 2 months later...

im bumping my thread again.

can someone please help how to fix my damn laptop ? i feel so lost.

i cant reset the settings ive made in the bios, someone told me that the settings ive made is in NVRAM, and because of that i cant do anything to reset it..

please tell me what should i do?

anyone ? please...

Edited by Blitzhartwright

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried removing the CMOS battery? take apart the laptop, find it, remove it for a good minute or so, reinstall- reboot and see what it does. Or else you can get the laptop to run Recovery Flash.  I think its Cltr+Home upon bootup or something, but you have to have a BIOS file to flash in your drive.

Google around as I don't know the details so well on the top of my head. You could however always get a Test clip and reprogram your BIOS chip that way, better than a paperweight laptop.